What Is A Section 24 Agreement Sewer

(e) When surface water channels flow from a land to sustainable urban development and surface water levels are billed to the landowner, it would appear that surface water channels are transferred to the offender. Where there is no pollution of surface water, sewers remain private. Once the provisions of the Flood and Land Use Act have been implemented in 2010, the SUD will be transferred to the municipality. Ok, what they call an ex-section 24 channel is what I would call a section 24 channel. Even though it`s been 10 years since I worked as a sewer engineer for the last time, I probably forgot the right terminology! However, I would say that if your house was built after 1937, even though built on the site of a sewer before 1937, your connector probably won`t be an ex section 24 channel. Thus, from your wall of land, it will become a tube that goes from your Loo and flows, as the pipe will rotate into a larger tube that connects all the houses. Well, that biggest whistle seems to me to be an ex-section 24 channel. As long as there is more than one house before 1937 that enters this canal. Someone should get out of the water of Thamnes and look at it if they are not able to develop it through recordings. Before, I was sometimes asked to do it, I had to go and see and make a decision. Hello vbus – thank you for the reply and sorry for not confirming your intervention earlier! We have a hard time determining by Thames Water or the city council whether the sewers are public or private – both say ask each other! – even though, in the last telephone conversation with one of them, it seemed to be public.

They would have, then both should have the sewer map! Well. I think we`re finally going to go somewhere… Thank you again for your reply. Thames Water ring back and tell you that the sewers keeps the Blackern and you want a CCTV poll to see if there is a partial collapse. You will decide very quickly whether its audience and they should do it or in private and tell you to do it! How old is your house? If its before 1937 and sewer serves 2 or more houses then it is a section 24 (public) channel. A public channel (no section 24) is normally located on the road/walk. I don`t really understand how there is a possibility, it could be an ex section 24 – unless it`s used to serve 2 houses, but only one serves now, I suppose? I don`t know. You should not have to pay to discover this information and Thames must know the answer. I used to work for a waterboard, but in the north, maybe so different in London in terms of payment. We are planning a small kitchen extension for which we do not need a building permit. The planned extension is directly to a well in the back garden, and therefore it is likely that there will be a canal at the back of our house. The exact classification of sewers seems to have some relevance, whether we have to present complete plans to the contractors or if we can only make a construction decision.

Although we have spoken to the council person and Thames Water, we are more confused than before, with very ambiguous advice from both. I am particularly troubled as to whether the sewers are on the “public sewer map” or whether it is an “ex-section 24 sewer” (these do not appear to be the same as the others). I know this is a pretty specific question, but I see that a lot of people here have expanded their homes, certainly someone had already met him! Can you explain to me clearly all this? This drives me crazy, because we cannot pursue enlargement plans until we solve this problem! Thank you very much. We have a communal canal along the back of our terraced house and plan to build the extension above. Thames Water said I should ask and pay for a “Build over Agreement,” I think it was called.